Respirator Fit Testing Success Stories
for All Industries
Respirator Fit Testing has been a Mobile Health standard for 37 years. The 2020 Pandemic escalated demand for the procedure by healthcare and other industries. New safety requirements required other professionals to don N95 respirators for the first time. The following examples highlight Mobile Health’s customized approach to industry-specific needs allowed us to deploy successful solutions across the United States!
Fit-Testing 7,000+ NY Frontline Healthcare Workers STAT
Challenge: To meet an emergency need in New York City, the pandemic’s epicenter, for respirator fit testing to protect thousands of NYC healthcare workers.
Solution: On 72 hours’ notice and amidst a PPE shortage, Mobile Health mounted a large on-site fit testing event at an NYC Health & Hospital facility.
- Mobile Health designed a program to cover all shifts in the shortest amount of time possible. This meant 24 hour coverage to meet NYC H&H staff at a time that was most convenient for them and did not disrupt the delivery of care.
- Mobile Health deployed our simple and easy-to-use online medical evaluation platform. Employees answered a few short questions and a Mobile Health physician reviewed before they were given a Respirator Fit Test.
- This large-scale testing event has been duplicated for clients with large numbers of staff to help them rapidly meet OSHA requirements.
- NYC Health & Hospitals were anxious about getting this volume through quickly. Mobile Health alleviated these concerns with a customized plan that cleared employees quickly.
On-site Respirator Fit Tests for Pennsylvania Dental Association
Challenge: Provide an efficient respirator fit testing (RFT) solution for the 5,300-member Pennsylvania Dental Association (PDA).
Solution: Mobile Health achieved a nationwide first for dentistry: creating a multi-site respirator fit testing event for PDA members.
- On short notice, Mobile Health created separate fit testing events at five Pennsylvania locations.
- After a successful initial multi-site event, we organized a second four-site fit testing event, where registration of PDA members tripled.
- Our multi-site approach made it easy for dental staff around the state to obtain fit testing so they could safely reopen their practices.
- In total, Mobile Health fit-tested nearly 1,800 PDA dentists and their staff, helping them to comply with OSHA and state DOH regulations.
- Mobile Health N95 Respirator Training and Fit Test Verification cards proved an effective practice builder, instilling patient confidence.
- PDA: “With Mobile Health, we had the benefit and convenience of fit testing the entire state with a single company.”
Integrated Scheduling Simplifies Vendor Compliance with Hospital Access Rules
Challenge: To meet a pandemic-driven need by the vendor credentialing market leader to protect vendor representatives who serve hospitals nationwide.
Solution: A Mobile Health–Global Health Exchange, LLC (GHX) collaboration to simplify reps’ access to the OSHA-mandated Respirator Fit Test.
- Mobile Health Respirator Fit Test scheduling link on GHX Vendormate credentialing site makes it easy for GHX vendor representatives to schedule a fit test at the nearest Mobile Health location.
- Vendor representatives receive same- or next-day fit test results they can upload to Vendormate to attest they have completed the procedure.
- Enhances safety and compliance for GHX-affiliated hospitals and its more than 240,000 active vendor representatives.
- Integration into GHX business operations simplifies the scheduling of occupational health services.
- GHX: “This collaboration drives value for our suppliers and solves an important healthcare need right now on both the provider and supplier side.”